The Insurance Process with a Restoration Service
The damage done to your home or business is already enough stress to send you into a frenzy. Dealing with your insurance shouldn’t accelerate your worry. Advance works hand-in-hand with you and your insurance company to work out the finer details.
Many insurance companies have recommended contractors they prefer to work with on home damage repairs, but that doesn’t mean you can’t choose us. We work with all insurance companies and develop a plan to best fit your income and needs. Here are the steps you should take when filing an insurance claim:
- Submit Your Claim: You will often do this through a specific representative of your insurance provider. This may be done on the internet, over the phone, or through the mail—in every case, you’ll want to make sure to speak to your agent to receive specific instructions.
- Wait for a Property Adjuster Assignment: After submitting your claim, a property adjuster will be assigned to your case. The adjuster will visit your property, inspect the damage, and then continue the process of settling your claim.
- Read the Specific Terms of Your Policy: You’ll want to know exactly what your insurance policy says as you go through this process. Policies often stipulate that the damage be reported as quickly as possible. It also often lists the kinds of damage that will and will not be covered. If you are forced to leave the property during the restoration process, you will want to carefully track your living expenses while away.
- Let Advance Take Care of the Rest: No matter how long the insurance claims process takes, Advance Companies is on your side and always strives to ensure that your property is restored as quickly as possible so your life can get back to normal. We work with your provider to help save you time and stress and to ensure that the claim is handled properly.
- Arrange Payment: Once your property is fully restored, you’ll want to know about billing and which parts of the restoration will be covered by your insurance provider. In some cases, payments from the insurance company will be made directly to us, so you don’t have to worry about that portion of the bill. If not, it is as simple as forwarding over the payment provided by your insurance companies. If some portions of the damage aren’t covered by insurance, then we will work with you to create an acceptable payment plan.
Advance Companies is happy to work with you during your claim. Don’t let insurance questions hang up the cleanup and restoration process. Call us today with any concerns you have.